Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Ultimate Rejection Letter

The college application process has just about ended this year. This year it will be especially difficult to receive an acceptance letter from top colleges. It is very likely that you will receive a number of rejections. If this happens, perhaps the following sample letter will come in handy (it is a modification of a rejection letter I found online). This sample contains information that would have been pertinent to me had I been in such a situation. Replace everything in italics with your appropriate information.


Dear Princeton Admissions Committee,

Thank you for your letter of April 1. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a place in the Princeton Class of 2012.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of a (very important) member of the Princeton Class of 2012 this upcoming fall. I look forward to seeing the rest of my classmates then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,

Armando


This is my humorous jab at a fear many students have. There isn't much I can do to help except wish all of those applying my sincerest best wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hopeful Applicant,

    We are disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

    With all our deepest condolences,
    Your favorite people, The College Admissions Committee

    ReplyDelete